Front End Developer
Blooom, founded in 2013 in America’s heartland, is a rapidly growing financial technology company that is hell-bent on disrupting the status quo on how financial services are delivered to millions of middle class Americans. Named one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Personal Finance by Fast Company Magazine, blooom is based in Leawood, Kansas in the single most desirable location in all of Johnson County – the Park Place development.
PLEASE NOTE: those only looking for maximum personal compensation need not apply here but if you are genuinely interested in making a difference in the lives of our clients through your work – welcome home. You have a chance to be among the very first 30 employees at a company that, we believe, will go on to become a household name and maybe…you will even find out why there are 3 Os in blooom!
Comp, Benefits & Perks
Salary: $60,000 to $75,000
Equity: 0.05% to 0.07%
Vacation/Time-off: at your choosing
Catered in-office lunches (3x per week)
Benefit Options: 401k + match, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
We are looking for someone to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation. This person will take an active role on both sides to help define how blooom's website and applications look as well as how they function. You will be responsible for combining the art of design with the art of programming. This will include translation of the UI/UX design and wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the blooom website.
- Develop functional and appealing user-facing features
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight deadlines
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the website’s interface
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize website for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
- The ability to own a project from beginning to end.
- The skills to solve basic problems based on intuition, professional knowledge, sound judgment, and blooom policies and procedures.
- The ability to build relationships, influence and negotiate solutions.
- Fast learner who is flexible and able to respond to frequently changing business priorities.
- Highly motivated, proactive, resourceful, with the ability to interact effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or relevant field.
- 3+ years relevant experience.
- Understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge.
- Experience with responsive, adaptive and mobile design.
- Understanding of layout aesthetics and a rigor for programming.
- Understanding of current web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience with RESTful Services and APIs.
- Understanding of content management systems, particularly WordPress.
- Understanding of database programs, particularly MySQL.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like Git.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.