Business Intelligence Analyst
Blooom, founded in 2013 in America’s heartland, is a rapidly growing financial technology company that is hell-bent on disrupting the status quo on how financial services are delivered to millions of middle class Americans. Named one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Personal Finance by Fast Company Magazine, blooom is based in Leawood, Kansas in the single most desirable location in all of Johnson County – the Park Place development.
PLEASE NOTE: those only looking for maximum personal compensation need not apply here but if you are genuinely interested in making a difference in the lives of our clients through your work – welcome home. You have a chance to be among the very first 30 employees at a company that, we believe, will go on to become a household name and maybe…you will even find out why there are 3 Os in blooom!
COMP, BENEFITS & PERKS
Salary: $65,000 to $90,000
Equity: 0.10% - 0.25% option grant
Vacation/Time off: at your choosing
Catered in-office lunch (3x per week)
401k + match, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability
We are looking for someone who gets a thrill out of analyzing data and turning it into an action plan. This candidate will possess a tool chest filled with techniques to assist in understanding consumer behaviors. They will be a natural problem solver who loves to dig in the weeds to find answers on how to reach potential clients and on how to keep them once they join blooom. Blooom is all about keeping it simple and we expect this candidate to be able to do the same. They will establish fact, keep it simple and clear, and guide blooom towards good decision making. The candidate that fills this role will have the opportunity to create the data science foundation at blooom.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand company goals and to communicate findings and execute solutions efficiently.
- Develop an understanding of the blooom client lifecycle marketing needs and identify key metrics. Use this information to assist in building dashboards to track lifecycle marketing and priority initiative progress.
- Work with development team to build tools for data logging and repeatable data tasks to automate duties.
- Design and perform experiments and create models to identify, evaluate and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Use your computation skills to build algorithms to analyze data, identify problems, opportunities and specific actions required.
- Apply data analysis, data mining and data processing to develop experiments.
- Understand the data generated by experiments to produce trustworthy, actionable conclusions.
- Track and report on retention KPIs and lifetime value (by segment/source) on reoccurring basis.
- Amazing verbal, visual and written communication skills – you can communicate with ANYONE!
- Motivated to learn, share and improve.
- Thorough and detail orientated.
- Perhaps you label yourself OCD because of your organizational, planning and problem-solving obsessiveness?
- BS or MS/PhD Required – preferably in subject such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics.
- 3+ years relevant experience.
- 3+ years experience using Business Intelligence tools (such as Tableau) and Data Warehouse tools (such as Amazon Redshift).
- Proven ability to work independently and proactively engage with senior leadership.
- Understanding of statistical analysis, regression and experiment design.
- Experience working with large datasets.
- Experience in programming/scripting.
- Deep love for Excel – especially pivot tables and macros.