Blooom, founded in 2013 in America’s heartland, is a rapidly growing financial technology company that is hell-bent on disrupting the status quo on how financial services are delivered to millions of middle class Americans. Named one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Personal Finance by Fast Company Magazine, blooom is based in Leawood, Kansas in the single most desirable location in all of Johnson County – the Park Place development.
PLEASE NOTE: those only looking for maximum personal compensation need not apply here but if you are genuinely interested in making a difference in the lives of our clients through your work – welcome home. You have a chance to be among the very first 30 employees at a company that, we believe, will go on to become a household name and maybe…you will even find out why there are 3 Os in blooom!
Do you love writing mean and clean code... come join the blooom team and help build amazing things. We're looking for someone with a passion for innovation and writing beautiful code. You will join a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced, energetic environment to deliver best-in-class software solutions.
This position serves as a Software Engineer (Web Application Developer) for blooom's technology team. blooom is a fast growing company requiring technology solutions for complex business/financial problems with a vision of making financial services simple. blooom's technology team produces leading edge solutions that are critical to external clients. blooom software engineers leverage latest technologies to build high-end blooom user interfaces and applications.
This position requires a highly motivated, creative individual with strong technical skills who is able to deliver complex web application coding solutions in quick time frames. Individual must be able to perform software application development tasks with minimal assistance and guidance. Candidate shall possess the ability to solve problems where a precedent may not have been established and the ability to develop innovative web application solutions to support business needs.
Design software and systems meeting blooom standards and business needs. This may require an understanding of, and ability to work with, multiple types of hardware and software technologies. Must meet business requirements with ability to transition between multiple ongoing development efforts. The software/system designs are typically reviewed with blooom team members to ensure they are meeting development requirements. Incumbent also works with supervisor to set his/her own priorities.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate knowledge, education, experience and/or training necessary to develop software in Ruby on Rails, Node.js, React or other selected languages and possess demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- Proven experience in software development and developing highly interactive web applications
- Ability to work on a team or individually by effectively managing work time to deliver a quality product on time
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- A firm grasp of object-oriented analysis and design
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to collaborate on-site with the technology team (no remote work)
- Salary Range: based on relevant experience and market (start-up) value
- Quarterly Bonus
- Blooom Equity
- 401k Match
- Free blooom 401k managed service
- Three (3) catered lunches per week
- Health Insurance stipend per pay period
- Unlimited Keurig, pop, and other drinks
- Free ping pong and video games
- Location, Location, Location - Leawood, KS - shops, restaurants and activities galore (not downtown KC)
- Covered Parking
- Comfortable (I mean really) comfortable chairs
- Really amazing people to share your life with