Blooom, founded in 2013 in America’s heartland, is a rapidly growing financial technology company that is hell-bent on disrupting the status quo on how financial services are delivered to millions of middle class Americans. Named one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Personal Finance by Fast Company Magazine, blooom is based in Leawood, Kansas in the single most desirable location in all of Johnson County – the Park Place development.
PLEASE NOTE: those only looking for maximum personal compensation need not apply here but if you are genuinely interested in making a difference in the lives of our clients through your work – welcome home. You have a chance to be among the very first 40 employees at a company that, we believe, will go on to become a household name and maybe…you will even find out why there are 3 Os in blooom!
COMP, BENEFITS & PERKS
Salary: $75,000 to $90,000
Equity: 0.07% - 0.12%
Vacation/Time off: at your choosing
Catered in-office lunch (3x per week)
401k + match, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability
Do you love writing mean and clean code... come join the blooom team and help build amazing things. We're looking for someone with a passion for innovation and writing beautiful code. You will join a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced, energetic environment to deliver best-in-class software solutions.
This position requires a highly motivated, creative individual with strong technical skills who is able to deliver complex web application coding solutions in quick time frames. The ability to perform software application development tasks with minimal assistance and guidance is critical. Candidate shall possess the ability to solve problems where a precedent may not have been established and the ability to develop innovative web application solutions to support business needs.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience necessary to develop software in Ruby on Rails, React and/or other selected languages.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team orientated and collaborative.
- Passion for writing simple, clean and efficient code.
- Strong time management skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years web application development experience
- Proficiency in Ruby, Ruby on Rails, React or equivalent is a plus
- A firm grasp of object-oriented analysis and design is a plus
- Demonstrated history of delivering quality products to market