Business Data Analyst
Blooom, founded in 2013 in America’s heartland, is a rapidly growing financial technology company that is hell-bent on disrupting the status quo on how financial services are delivered to millions of middle class Americans. Named one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Personal Finance by Fast Company Magazine, blooom is based in Leawood, Kansas in the single most desirable location in all of Johnson County – the Park Place development.
PLEASE NOTE: those only looking for maximum personal compensation need not apply here but if you are genuinely interested in making a difference in the lives of our clients through your work – welcome home. You have a chance to be among the very first employees at a company that, we believe, will go on to become a household name and maybe…you will even find out why there are 3 Os in blooom!
Blooom seeks a Business Analyst to join its mission of providing affordable, professional financial help to the masses. We developed an online, automated tool that manages individual’s employer-sponsored retirement accounts (401k, 403b or 457). Prospects who join blooom finally have a partner they can count on to optimize their portfolio by reducing hidden fees, aligning their stock/bond mix to their retirement horizon and navigating the emotional journey towards retirement. Blooom has made tremendous strides in client acquisition and completed our series B round of fundraising in early 2017.
Here’s what you’ll own:
As Business Analyst, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with smart and driven professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. You will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Here’s what success looks like:
You’ll identify patterns/trends that lead us to either double down on a particular strategy or quickly pivot in a new direction. You’ll be the first person people go to for answers and the last person they meet with before making a decision. Your reports/dashboards will be consumed daily and be the basis of how we run our business. You’ll make as much of an impact from your own proactive observations as you will from requests from others. Your efforts must cement company focus on only the most impactful initiatives. The visibility provided by your analysis and the opportunities you spot for improvement will ensure we exceed our goals.
Here’s what your day-to-day will look like:
- Take ownership over recurring reporting packages (daily, weekly, monthly) to inform executive team and execute ad hoc investigations as needed
- Work closely with management to prioritize business initiatives and information needs
- Proactively advocate for process improvements and business priorities based on a data-driven impact case
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques (as appropriate) to project future outcomes across the business
- Develop and implement data collection systems and strategies that optimize efficiency, data quality and ease of access
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain consolidation processes to support specific initiatives
- Support marketing team by owning response modeling and projection of life time customer value based on leading indicators and historical data
- Support product team prioritization with detailed impact analysis, test structure and results reporting
Here’s the experience and values we are looking for:
- Start-up product or business leadership experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Financial technology startup experience
- Leading technology company experience
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects across a variety of stakeholders
- Track record of making winning business decisions based on data
- Ability to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Desire to do something meaningful
- Choose to do the right thing over the easy thing every time
- 2+ years of analyst experience in a professional environment, preferably a startup or high growth company
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Information Science or similar background
- Technical expertise working with data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics
COMP, BENEFITS, & PERKS
Salary: $55k to $65k
Equity: 0.05% to 0.10%
Vacation/Time off: at your choosing
Catered in-office lunch (3x per week)
401k + match, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability