Client Service Representative
Blooom, founded in 2013 in America’s heartland, is a rapidly growing financial technology company that is hell-bent on disrupting the status quo on how financial services are delivered to millions of middle class Americans. Named one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Personal Finance by Fast Company Magazine, blooom is based in Johnson County, Kansas which was rated the #4 best place to live and #6 best for families in the United States by Niche.
If you are genuinely interested in making a difference in the lives of our clients through your work – welcome home.
Blooom seeks a Client Service Representative to join its mission of providing affordable, professional financial help to the masses. We developed an online, automated tool that manages individual’s employer-sponsored retirement accounts (401k, 403b or 457). Prospects who join blooom finally have a partner they can count on to optimize their portfolio by reducing hidden fees, aligning their stock/bond mix to their retirement horizon and navigating the emotional journey towards retirement.
Here’s what success looks like:
We are searching for an individual that has a passion for client service, problem solving, and making people smile. You will exhibit a dedication to the core mission of our service – providing high quality, simple, and affordable financial services to the millions of Americans that have traditionally been ignored or taken advantage of by Wall Street. Your success as a blooom Client Service Rep will ultimately help to improve and strengthen the blooom client experience. This is an exciting growth opportunity for an entry-level client service position that will expand your knowledge and experience and have a direct impact on the lives of the people that need blooom’s help the most.
Here’s what your day-to-day will look like:
- Learn and utilize automated reallocation proprietary tools.
- Rebalance new and existing accounts.
- First point of contact with blooom clients and prospects via online chat.
- Answers FAQs on product, blooom’s value prop, and basic investment methodology.
- Document details of onboarding and client account issues.
- Set appropriate response expectations and gather preliminary information from users before assigning conversations to the appropriate specialist or blooom advisor.
- Assist with nurturing prospective clients through the onboarding process.
- Special projects as assigned.
Here’s the experience and values we are looking for:
- Highly motivated and resourceful
- Strong sense of humor and empathy
- Attention to detail
- Team work and adaptability
- Ability to write conversationally…not like an English Professor
- Strong typing skills and phone presence
- Ability to think creatively to turn a frown upside down
- Desire to do something meaningful
- Choose to do the right thing over the easy thing every time
- 1+ years client/customer service experience
- Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred
COMP, BENEFITS, & PERKS
Equity for all full time employees
401k + match, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Vacation/Time off: at your choosing