Head of Product
Blooom is a rapidly growing financial technology company that is hell-bent on disrupting the status quo on how financial services are delivered to millions of middle class Americans. Named one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Personal Finance by Fast Company Magazine, blooom is based in Johnson County, Kansas which was rated the #4 best place to live and #6 best for families in the United States by Niche.
If you are genuinely interested in making a difference in the lives of our clients through your work – welcome home. You have a chance to be among the very first employees at a company that, we believe, will go on to become a household name and maybe…you will even find out why there are 3 Os in blooom!
Blooom seeks an experienced Product Manager to join its mission of providing affordable, professional financial help to the masses. We developed an online, automated tool that manages individual’s employer-sponsored retirement accounts (401k, 403b or 457). Prospects who join blooom have a financial partner they can count on throughout their financial life. Blooom has made tremendous strides in client acquisition and completed our series B round of fundraising in early 2017.
Here’s what you’ll own:
As the Head of Product, you are responsible for developing our product vision with the executive team and getting your hands dirty implementing those development priorities. This includes all aspects of the customer experience from tracking sign-up funnel to in-product experience. You are responsible for client experience post-signup including churn and client satisfaction, continuously running tests to improve results and delivering new enhancements to market. You are accountable for reaching and maintaining product and business goals. The ideal candidate has a deep passion for warping consumer expectations with emerging technologies, combined with a maniacal focus on execution in a startup environment.
Here’s what success looks like:
You will play an instrumental role in achieving blooom’s dream of simplifying financial management for middle class Americans. You will build a product experience that delights customers, increases sign-up conversion rates, lowers acquisition costs, and improves customer satisfaction. You’ll be laser focused on increasing the rate at which clients share blooom with others to spread our message. You’ll partner with the marketing and development teams to build a world class product.
Here’s what your day-to-day will look like:
- Drive the ideation of new experiences and advocate for ways to optimize product performance to exceed goals.
- Collaborate with development to communicate and document feature concepts and requirements (wireframes, business requirement documents, etc.).
- Wrangle stakeholders to prioritize product tests and features in order of impact to company goals.
- Organize and execute product testing. Develop impact estimates to drive prioritization and leverage results to improve “batting average” over time.
- Instrument, track and report product health metrics at regular intervals.
- Analyze product usage to find signals that drive product confirmation or change.
- Daily operational execution of the live product and analysis of the product’s performance.
- Coordinate and organize planning of product roadmaps and advocate to prioritize initiatives that deliver on plan.
- Keep a close eye on relevant products in and beyond our competitive set to generate ideas and educate the broader team as to what is possible.
- Develop product enhancements that result in customer delight and bottom line growth
Here’s the experience and values we are looking for:
- Experience leading cross-functional product teams
- Start-up product or business leadership experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Financial technology startup experience
- Leading technology company experience
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work fast in a dynamic, constantly evolving environment.
- Desire to do something meaningful
- Choose to do the right thing over the easy thing every time
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, MIS, engineering, mathematics or similar; MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- 3+ years of product management experience, preferably working on a consumer facing product at a high growth company.
- Expert skills with analytics tools to optimize products and track progress towards company goals.
COMP, BENEFITS, & PERKS
Equity for all Full-time employees
Vacation/Time off: at your choosing
Catered in-office lunch (3x per week)
401k + match, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability